Welcome (:

Hello everyone and welcome to my bookblog!

I'm Martina, 22, and I live in the middle of nowhere in Italy. (Yeah, it's so sad! I don't wanna live here!)

I love books and here I will talk about 'em. YA, dystopian, scifi, paranormal, contemporary..... I am a BIBLIOPHILE.

Friday, July 18, 2014

Quickly Review #1

Welcome to my first "QUICKLY REVIEW". What is about? Well, under the hashtag #quicklyreview I'll post some short review (like, very very short!). For example, little talks about a full series.

First, I just wanna say something about my obsession with Ash: it's irrational and unstoppable. How much I love the Icy Prince is nothing explicable, okay? Okay. So let's start with something more rational.....(I think).
-THE IRON KING-
I am not ashamed of saying I've read it in an heartbeat. This book is the feels! I quite enjoy every characters, but I have some favs. Just let's talk about Ash. Ash is the feary Prince of Winter, he's cold, calculator, stubborn and..... *shimming* so lovely. I kinda fell for him from the beginning.  Yes, I'm THAT predictable. But, you know, even in the book they said EVERYONE fell for him. I didn't want to be left out! The relationship with Meghan, the protagonist and also the Summer Princess, is so full of secrets and mystery and *screams* the feels. Just.. the feels. I love bad guy. I love "I hate you, I want to kill you" kind of guy. It's just so amazingly written, that's stunning. Ash is portrayed as an icy man without feelings, but with Meghan he started to FEEL again. *aaaaah*
(I have to stop fingerling like that.) It's not the only thing. Furthermore, there's Puck. And he's so sweet, and gentle, and smirky! (I don't know if this word exists, but I don't care.. He smirks a lot. So he's smirky!)
Okay, let's talk about the story. Here we have Meghan, half-blood Princess of the Summer Court, who  has to save his little brother Ethan. He was kidnapped by the Iron King. Who is he? He's part of the new fey, made from the dreams of technology, made of iron (you say?!) that want to conquer the Nevernever (ergo Faeryland). [SPOILER FROM HERE....] Meghan, at the end, will defy the Iron King, using a new kind of glamour (the iron glamour). Ash is safe, Puck is still with the dryads trying to survive, she comes home after 5 months with her little brother. But it's not a real happy ending, because the bell's door rings. Who's there? ASH's coming to take Meghan into the Winter Court as promised.

-THE IRON DAUGHTER-
Ah, this book. You know, I thought that "The Iron King" was almost perfect and that the other books in the series would be less amazing. I never was so wrong in my life. This book has all the feels. It opens in the Winter Court, where Meghan is kept prisoned. Here we realize how awful the Unseelie are. (Very very bad people, guys! You don't wanna mess with them). She feels alone and desperate because, you know Ash can't have her, she is a Summer feary and it's against the law (too bad!). 
The first third of the book dwells with Meghan and Ash's escape from Tir Na Nog, due to the Iron Fey's attack. The Scepter of Season is stolen and Mab, Queen of the Unseelie, calls war against the Summer Court, the possible thief.  Cool staff here guys, Ash leaves Meghan with Puck, who is fully recovered from the previous injurie. 
Asimismo, The Princess makes a deal with an iron feary, Ironhorse, in order to return back the Scepter to Mab. This book shows the journey they made to the mortal realm where the rebellious Iron Fey kept the Scepter. Our little group find refuge to the Exile Queen, Leanansihde (please, someone tells me how to pronunce it!), as all the feary she is unpredictable and dangerous, but she helps Meghan and her friends. We can see how Meghan managed to learn she can use Iron Glamour and defeat the iron daughter, Vicious, the real thief of the Scepter of Season. She wants the power to remove the false king of the Iron Kingdom, but she ends up failing her goal (Meghan killed her!).
When they return the Scepter to Mab, they are able to stop the war between the Summer and Winter Court. Least but not last, Ash who was considered a traitor for Mab, confesses his love to Meghan and he gets exiled in the mortal realm. Of course Meghan is in love with him, and she can't lose him again. So, she follows him into the mortal realm, getting exiled by her father.
THE FEELS. THE FEELS. THE FEELS. Ash is just so lovely with Meghan. Everyone should have an Ash as boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment