Welcome (:

Hello everyone and welcome to my bookblog!

I'm Martina, 22, and I live in the middle of nowhere in Italy. (Yeah, it's so sad! I don't wanna live here!)

I love books and here I will talk about 'em. YA, dystopian, scifi, paranormal, contemporary..... I am a BIBLIOPHILE.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Quickly Review #2

Hi guys, it's been a while since I wrote something. But here I am, with another short review!
-THE IRON QUEEN- by Julie Kagawa
As you already know, I've been marathoning this series this month! Right now, I'm quite half through the Iron Knight, the last book. But let's talk about The Iron Queen.
[THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS]
The book opens up with Meghan and Ash exiled that are trying to come back home, in Louisiana. Through projects and ideas of the future, they notice that they can be in peace, due to the Iron Fey. The false king wants Meghan dead, to regain his powers. Our protagonists can't act like normal guys and soon they require protection from the Exile Queen, Leanansidhe. At the very beginning of this novel, Meghan figures out that her father was stolen by Leanansidhe and kept in the Between. The worst is that Puck is the architect of this abduction, in order to protect Paul from the Summer Queen, he'd made a deal with Leanansidhe. Meghan is feeling betrayed and very angry with her best friend, she doesn't even speak to him, but in the meanwhile she needs him to teach her Summer magic. Every times she tries to use glamour she feels sick and passes out, because of Iron and Summer glamour can't work together.
Mab and Oberon withdraw their exile to seek help from Meghan, because the Iron Kingdom is spreading and the Iron fey are destroying their forces. Meghan is the only one who can defeat the false king and restore the peace between the courts. With some special amulets, Grimalkin, Puck and Ash can follow Meghan into the Iron Kingdom, in order to help her kill the false King. They make the acquaintances of the Iron court's rebel, convincing them to fight for their ideas and creed.
Come back to the battlefield, Meghan and her friends (with the lovely help of thousand and thousand of gremlins (and iron horses)) sneak in the Iron Fortress, where the false king lives. Surprise, surprise! Who's the false king? Ferrum, the first iron king. They fight very tenaciously, however Meghan understands that only she can defeat him blending both Summer and Iron glamour, and give him her power. Hit to death, Meghan releases her power, killing the Iron King.
At this point I was crying hard, because Ash would be alone another time, and you all know how fond I am of him. She doesn't want to be cured, she has to go to the old iron Fortress, the rebel's den. Her last words have the power to force Ash out of the Knight vow, and by his True Name, she makes him leave her to die. (Yeah, as you can probably guess, I cannot read anymore due to my glassy eyes and tears all over my precious book!)
The end is very traumatic and kind of right, because the Iron Kingdom saved her, becoming the Iron Queen. She says her goodbyes to her family because now she cannot leave the Nevernever, she has a lot of responsibility. Although Ash cannot go into the Iron Kingdom, he makes her a promise: HE WILL FIND A WAY TO BE WITH HER.
This book ends with a short epilogue with Ash's POV, and OMG how wonderful it is!!?!?

My general thought are quite good about this book, I really enjoyed the fights and strategies to defeat the false king. And as I said, it made me cry. I am so attached to all of these characters: the cat, ASH, Meghan, Puck, the cat, ASH!!! I totally recommend this book and this series, because if you love fantasy or faery, it's a MUST.
I gave it 5 of 5 stars on Goodreads, check it out -> here (:


See you soon, byeeeeee
xo, M.

No comments:

Post a Comment